Tuesday 13 November 2012

Disaya

It's a shame that I only recently discovered Disaya. Playful, quirky, yet oh-so-chic at the same time, how could I have missed it for all these years? Just look at how beautiful their fall winter 2012 collection is.

Okay you got me. I might be biased since the collection is based on afternoon tea. Still, Disaya deserves serious credit for amplifying the idea, making me blasting this image to its full size here. Notice how thoughtful every single detail in these pictures are? The china, the cakes; all of the essence of tea time are captured and developed into the eye-catching earrings, rings, bracelets and of course the outfits - not to mention the uber cute puppy with a hat and bow tie imprinted as a china print on the chest. Brilliant.

Pardon me for the slightly pixelated image but I just can't help not posting this major  think-pink editorial.  Loving the swan-heart print Disaya is bringing this round, simply romantic.

Extremely in love with the props on the picture on the left. Best thing for those residing in Bangkok, Disaya's store display in its flagship store consists of these!


Swing dresses! Definitely my favourite cut of dress - although I kind of look stumpy in this cut since I don't possess those gorgeous spidery long legs - it allows you to look chic, breathe and most importantly eat at the same time. Rare that these qualities can coexist at once.

Another slightly pixelated one - sorry for that - but I can't help posting it since it's so gorgeous!

 When you are tired of all those florals, this cake print is definitely refreshing to the eyes.

Disaya is named after its designer, Disaya Sorayakritikul, another amazing Thai originated talent educated in the prestigious Central Saint Martins. The brand was established on 2007 (yes, I've been living in a cage apparently) and the first collection was picked up by 70 stockists at once, followed by luxury retailers such as Harrods and Harvey Nichols! Thanks God for that, it proves that I'm not the only one in this world full of studs and bolts that finds all these girly, whimsical, dreamy clothes and jewelry a must.  Don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean I hate studs. I do love them to a certain extent - seriously, who can resist against these mighty yet classy Valentinos?- but the world needs some sprinkles too and I believe Disaya is one of the magic fairy dusting the world with its addicting sweetness.



Images from various sources

No comments:

Post a Comment